Samsung’s Gear 360 Video Camera was released in South Korea and Singapore on 29th April, but dates and pricing for release elsewhere in the world are still to be announced.
I have managed to get my hands on one, and here is a quick guide to getting started :
How to set up Gear 360
Install memory card:
The first thing you need to do is install a compatible memory card (min SD) to take photos and record videos. The Gear 360 will turn off when you insert or remove the memory card.
Power the battery:
The battery will probably come pre-charged so you can play with it straight out of the box… but it may not be fully charged. Insert the battery and charge it by plugging in the (provided) USB cable (either to your PC or to a charger – which is not provided).
Connect it to a mobile device:
Download the Samsung Gear 360 app to sync the camera and the mobile. Perform the following steps to connect the Gear 360 with your Galaxy phone:
- Download the Samsung Gear 360 app on your smartphone from Galaxy Apps, Google Play Store or apps.samsung.com/gear360
- Turn on the Gear 360
- Turn on NFC on your phone
- Hold the Gear 360near to your phone
- Connect Gear 360 to your Galaxy phone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi direct;
- Launch the Gear 360 app. The Bluetooth and Wi-Fi direct of your smartphone will turn on automatically
- Tap Connect and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection
… and that is it…. you should now be able to run you control your Gear 360 remotely with your phone, and also manage and share Images/Videos.
- Posted by Andy
- On May 31, 2016
- 0 Comments